Folic Acid 60’s 60 Caps by Pure Encapsulations
Support for healthy fetal neural development‡
Made with hypoallergenic, vegan ingredients
- Supports protein utilization and healthy blood cells‡
- Helps promote healthy fetal neural development‡
- May facilitate reproduction of red and white blood cells‡
- Made with hypoallergenic, vegan ingredients
Folic Acid supports the breakdown and utilization of proteins. Folic Acid also helps the growth and reproduction of healthy blood cells and promotes healthy fetal neural development.‡†
Certified Gluten-Free by the Gluten-Free Certification Organization, www.gluten.org‡
Folic Acid is essential for healthy fetal neural development. It is necessary for the growth and reproduction of red and white blood cells, the formation of nucleic acids, the conversion of homocysteine to methionine, and the production of gastric HCl.‡
Healthful diets with adequate folate may reduce a woman’s risk of having a child with a brain or spinal cord birth defect.
1,333 mcg DFE (800 mcg) folic acid in a dietary supplement is more effective in reducing the risk of neural tube defects than a lower amount in foods in common form. FDA does not endorse this claim. Public health authorities recommend that women consume 667 mcg DFE (400 mcg) folic acid daily from fortified foods or dietary supplements or both to reduce the risk of neural tube defects.
Amount Per Serving
- each (size 3) vegetarian capsule contains:
- folate (as folic acid)1,333 mcg DFE (800 mcg folic acid)
- other ingredients: hypoallergenic plant fiber (cellulose), vegetarian capsule (cellulose, water)
- 1 capsule daily, with a meal.